Christine W. Ariel, Esq.
- Engaged in the private practice of law providing legal representation, courtroom advocacy, and impartial conflict resolution services in 1000’s of cases to businesses, organizations, groups, individuals, families.
- Chaired the Rhode Island Association’s Alternate Dispute Resolution Committee for five years and chaired the 2001-2002 Rhode Island Supreme Court’s Task Force on Alternate Dispute Resolution, furthering ADR in the State court system.
- Served as Special Assistant Attorney General for the RI Department of Attorney General in the Civil, Criminal and Environmental Divisions, handling grand jury investigations, bench and jury trials, and settlement negotiations. Ms. Ariel presented professional seminars and papers at various conferences.
- Engaged as in-house legal counsel for the Vermont National Education Association, Ms. Ariel handled matters in public sector employment, labor and civil rights litigation, as well as grievance arbitrations, mediations and collective bargaining.
- As a Wetlands and Field Biologist for the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service-National Wildlife Refuge System, the RI Audubon Society, and the RI Department of Environmental Management-Freshwater Wetlands Section, Ms. Ariel directed assessments, permitting and enforcement activities.
- Vermont Law School, Juris Doctor
- University of Rhode Island, Bachelor of Arts
- US Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- US District Court, District of Rhode Island
- US Bankruptcy Court, District of Rhode Island
- RI Supreme Court
SPECIALIZED CERTIFICATIONS IN MEDIATION AND CONFLICT RESOLUTION:
- American Arbitration Association
- American Bar Association, Dispute Resolution Section
- Association of Conflict Resolution
- Center for Mediation in Law
- Institute for Study of Conflict Transformation
- Mediation Matters
- MA Association of Mediation Professionals
- RI Mediators Association (formerly RI Council of Family Mediators)
- RI Bar Association
- VT Bar Association
- RI Superior Court, Approved Panel
- RI Family Court, Approved Panel
- US Postal Service
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
Christine W. Ariel, Esq.
Attorney & Counsellor at Law
Mediator, Arbitrator & Conflict Resolution Consultant
70 Romano Vineyard Way, Suite 147
North Kingstown, RI 02852
Any communication sent or delivered to this law firm by electronic means or otherwise shall not createan attorney-client relationship or constitute the beginning of legal representation. Nothing is confidential unless we represent you. You understand and agree that sending this communication does not preclude or prevent this law firm from representing an adverse party.